The groundwater department is a multi disciplinary organization engaged in development and management of groundwater resources in the State. The department has been declared as the nodal agency for all ground water related activities in the State. The department is a part of Irrigation and Command Area Development (I&CAD) department and headed by Director, The District office is headed by District Ground Water Officer( Deputy Director Cadre).
The activities include Conduct of hydro-geological, hydrological, geophysical investigations for Ground water Development, Monitoring, Protection and regulation.
Description about the Department Schemes, their details and related Applications.
- Monitoring of Depth to Ground Water levels is done in the District.
- SRSP command area observation wells are monitored by-monthly.
- Monitoring of Mission Kakatiya impact on Ground Water recharge by adapting of tanks and observation wells.
- Monitoring of quality parameters from various observation wells in the district.
- Ground Water Resource Estimation studies to know the Draft and Net availability of Ground Water.
- Investigations carried for selection of well sites under SCSDF (Schedule caste Sub-plan Development Fund), TSDF (Tribal sub-plan Development Fund).
- Drilling of bore wells is done under SCSDF & TSDF for Agriculture purposes.
- Investigation of sites for ground water under LPS (Land Purchase Scheme).
- Investigations will be carried under WALTA (Water land and Tree Act) for Drinking and Irrigation purposes.
- Investigations will be carried for Aqua culture for Ground Water clearance.
- Investigations will be carried for Environmental clearance under TS- iPASS Scheme for industries.
- Investigations will be carried for Environmental clearance under for Sand Mining & De-Casting.
- Ground Water Feasibility site selections for Check dams, percolation tanks and other Artificial Recharge Structures.
- Ground Water clearance for Lift Irrigation Scheme.
- Discharge measurements of Stream flows.
|1||K. Jaganadha Rao||District Ground Water officer/ Deputy Director.||7032982026||ddgwd_nzb[at]yahoo.co.in|